For the good of Missoula forever! Developing funds and initiatives that support the needs of the community now and forever. For more information about our programs visit our website Missoula Community Foundation.
Women's Giving Circle Nonprofit Grant Application
We are accepting applications for a grant of $10,000 to a Missoula County-based nonprofit organization that can clearly demonstrate how funds will be used to address issues of Housing and/or Homelessness. Giving Circle members choose a focus area for each grant cycle based on community needs. The WGC evaluates applicants on the Circle’s core values: community, equity, and opportunity
The application period closes on Monday, October 11, 2021.
To be eligible to receive a grant from the WGC, organizations must:
- Have 501(c)3 tax-exempt status. Fiscally sponsored organizations are welcome to apply.
- Maintain a primary office within Missoula County. Preference will be given to organizations that provide a majority of services to people within Missoula County.
- To receive funds you must adopt an inclusive non-discrimination policy if you do not already have one in place. (Sample policies available upon request)
- Not have received funding from the WGC in the previous grant cycle.
- Not use WGC funds for events or scholarships.
Preference will be given to projects/programs/organizations that address a need in the community that is not already being met.
Applications will be accepted from Monday, September 6 through Monday, October 11 at 11:59 pm.
The steering committee will review all applications and will select the top three applicants to make a virtual presentation to the Women's Giving Circle membership by Thursday, November 16. We will inform you if you are selected as one of the top three applicants no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, November 1, 2021. The membership will vote to select the winner, to be announced in the week of December 13-17.
If your organization is selected as a finalist, you will be required to prepare a short pre-recorded presentation describing your grant request to supplement your submission materials. The finalist pre-recorded video presentation will need to be 3-5 minutes in length and due by November 16th, 2021.
As succinctly as possible, please address the following questions in your presentation to our membership:
- How will your organization use the grant money? (IE: staffing, marketing, technological needs)
- How does your organization or this project impact Homelessness and/or Housing issues in our community?
- How will this project empower people/ our community/ or those you serve?
- What is the expected outcome of this project? How will you measure its success?
- What is the timeline for this project?
Please fill out the questions, once you have completed them it will take you to the application. You can save your application in progress for up to 21 days.
Thanks for your application to the Women's Giving Circle of Missoula County.
Please contact the Women's Giving Circle at email@example.com or call the Missoula Community Foundation at (406) 926-2846 with any questions.
Thank you for your interest in the LoLA fund! We know how time consuming it can be to fill out lengthy and overly complicated applications. We hope you will find that we've kept this one short and sweet, while giving you enough space to walk us through your proposed project. Thanks for applying. We can't wait to learn more about the creative work you want to do in Missoula.
Grant submission is open from July 1, 2021, through October 15, 2021. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by mid-November.