For the Good of Missoula Forever! Working at the intersection of donor passions and community needs the Missoula Community Foundation is the community resource for donors, nonprofits, and professional advisors. For more information about our services, funds or programs visit our website MissoulaCommunityFoundation.org
MslaCF Capacity Building Grant
The Missoula Community Foundation is offering one competitive $12,000 grant that will provide unrestricted funding to support Missoula County nonprofits that foster long-term, upward mobility for low-income, at-risk individuals and families.
The application period:
October 1, 2023 - November 1, 2023
Award announced December 11, 2023
- Have 501(c)3 tax-exempt status. Fiscally sponsored organizations are welcome to apply.
- Adopted or are willing to adopt non-discrimination policies in employment, volunteer, and board recruitment and in providing services (sample policies available upon request).
- Applicants must have authority to apply for funding for their organization
We will not support:
- Lobbying as defined by the IRS
*Preference will be given to organizations that provide a majority of services to Missoula County.
*** Once beginning your application, you can save and return to complete it for up to 21 days
If you have questions about the grant or your eligibility, please contact Missoula Community Foundation staff.
- (406) 926-2846
Women's Giving Circle of Missoula County Grant Application
We are accepting applications for a grant of $10,000 to a Missoula County-based nonprofit organization that can clearly demonstrate how such funding would be used to address Women's Issues, the grant focus area that WGC members have chosen to support this year. The WGC evaluates applicants on the Circle’s core values: community, equity, and opportunity. Applications will be accepted from Friday, September 1 through Tuesday, October 10 at 11:59 pm.
To be eligible to receive a grant from the WGC, your organization must answer YES to each of these questions:
1. Does your organization have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or a qualified fiscal sponsor?
2. Does your organization maintain a primary office within Missoula County? Preference will be given to organizations that provide a majority of services to people within Missoula County.
3. Does your organization have an inclusive non-discrimination policy, or is it willing to adopt such a policy if ohne is not already in place? (sample policies available upon request)
4. If your organization received a WGC grant in the past, was it more than one year ago?
5. Does your organization agree not to use WGC funds for events or scholarships?
Preference will be given to projects/programs/organizations that address a need in the community that is not already being met.
The Steering Committee will review all applications and will select the top three applicants to make a presentation to the Women's Giving Circle membership on Thursday, November 9. We will inform you if you are selected as one of the top three applicants no later than 5:00 PM on Wednesday, November 1. The membership will vote to select the winner, to be announced Friday, December 15.
If you are selected as a finalist, please note that the following questions should be addressed during the presentation you will make to the WGC membership on November 9th.
- How will your organization use the grant money? (ie: staffing, marketing, technological needs)
- How does your organization or this project impact Women's Issues in our community?
- How will this project empower people/ our community/ or those you serve?
- What is the expected outcome of this project? How will you measure its success
- What is the timeline for this project?
If you are a finalist, but do not receive the $10,000 award, you will automatically receive a $1,000 unrestricted grant that does not require reporting.
Use the buttons below to log in to Submittable or to create an account. Then you will be able to access the online application.
If you have questions about the application, or the grant process, please reach out to the Women's Giving Circle at email@example.com or call the Missoula Community Foundation at (406) 926-2846
Thank you for your interest in the LoLA fund! We know how time consuming it can be to fill out lengthy and overly complicated applications. We hope you will find that we've kept this one short and sweet, while giving you enough space to walk us through your proposed project. Thanks for applying. We can't wait to learn more about the creative work you want to do in Missoula.
Grant submission is open from July 1, 2023, through October 15, 2023. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application before the end of November.
Application will be evaluated on the following:
- the capacity for positive impact on individuals and the greater community,
- the strength of the plan to deliver on the project including ready access to a defined audience
- a well-defined project proposal that gives the committee confidence about what you hope to accomplish
- a plan to share the work with the larger community to both highlight the work and create ongoing public support for the work
- and the promotion of artistic expression as a means of healing that will have a ripple effect beyond the individuals involved.
The LoLA committee awards grants totaling up to 25% of our total fund each year. We currently do not have an award floor or ceiling. This year, we anticipate approximately $12,000 being disbursed in 1-4 grants. If you received a LoLA grant last year, you may not apply this year but you are welcome to apply again after ONE grant cycle has passed. You can view past award recipients here. We look forward to raising our granting capacity as we grow our fund.