For the good of Missoula forever! Developing funds and initiatives that support the needs of the community now and forever. For more information about our programs visit our website Missoula Community Foundation.
Technology is playing a significant role in our lives, it is delivering education to our kids, it is allowing us to shop safely, it is connecting us to the people we love, and it's allowing some of us to work remotely. The Missoula Community Foundation will award technology grants to help connect us in this time of COVID in the following categories: Community Care, Arts and Culture, and Education. Our focus will be on technology (hardware/software) or technology education that will help connect those in need during this pandemic.
- 501(c)3 tax-exempt status.
- Preference will be given to organizations that provide a majority of services to people within Missoula County.
- A demonstrated track record of providing services needed by the community.
- Adopted or are willing to adopt LGBT-inclusive nondiscrimination policies in employment, volunteer, and board recruitment and in providing services (sample policies available upon request).
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the Women's Giving Circle of Missoula County Steering Committee. The Women’s Giving Circle of Missoula County empowers women and non-binary people to be leaders in philanthropy and inspires collaborative giving to create positive change in our community. Every member, whether they give $10 per month or $1,000, has the opportunity to learn about community needs, hear how nonprofit organizations address those needs, and make decisions on how to give collective funds for maximum community impact. Our voices, too often muted in traditional philanthropy, are amplified by working together, so we can invest collective dollars for change. Organized by the Missoula Community Foundation, we collectively pool the resources of our members to leverage their modest gifts into $10,000 grants tor worthy local nonprofit organizations. The Circle is an evolving organization with ongoing recruitment events and efforts. Please complete this application form in order to be considered for the 2021 committee.
Application period is: November 1 – December 13, 2020 at 11:59 PM
Steering Committee Description
- Application: Members at all giving levels are eligible to serve on the Steering Committee
- Size: 12-15 Giving Circle members plus ex-officio representatives from Missoula Community Foundation (Executive Director or designee and MCF Program Manager). MCF Executive Director and Program Manager cannot vote in committee meetings but may vote as part of grant cycles as long as their membership is in good standing.
- Quorum: Defined as half of the committee members plus one for the majority. Quorum is based on committee membership for any given year.
- Terms of Service: The term year is January 1 – December 31. Members serve two- or three- year terms depending on openings to ensure that the Committee does not renew completely in a single year. Members are expected to contribute to the work of the Committee, attend meetings, and conform to standard codes of conduct including courtesy, responsibility, and respect.
- Sub-committees: Each member of the Steering Committee is expected to serve on one of the sub-committees (Policies & Procedures, Events, Marketing & Membership).
- Contributions: Steering Committee members are encouraged to contribute financially to the WGC at the highest level acceptable for their household.
Steering Committee Roles and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include (but may not be limited to) active participation in:
- Grants application process.
- Determination of grant focus and the timeline for the grant cycle.
- Evaluation of grant applications and determination of applications to be presented to the membership at large. (Depending on the number of applications, generally, the time commitment is approximately 10-15 hours for the year).
- Events for grant cycle, membership recruitment.
- Active ambassadorship for the WGC.
- Strategic planning activities.
- Steering Committee recruitment, nominations, and selection.
- Oversight of Conflict of Interest Policy compliance.
Thank you again for your interest in serving on the Women's Giving Circle of Missoula County Steering Committee. Please be assured that we are working to ensure this committee is non-partisan, diverse, and inclusive. All are welcome.
2021 Steering Committee Members will be notified by December 31, 2020.