Thank you for your interest in the LoLA fund! We know how time consuming it can be to fill out lengthy and overly complicated applications. We hope you will find that we've kept this one short and sweet, while giving you enough space to walk us through your proposed project. Thanks for applying. We can't wait to learn more about the creative work you want to do in Missoula.
Grant submission is open from July 1, 2023, through October 15, 2023. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application before the end of November.
Application will be evaluated on the following:
- the capacity for positive impact on individuals and the greater community,
- the strength of the plan to deliver on the project including ready access to a defined audience
- a well-defined project proposal that gives the committee confidence about what you hope to accomplish
- a plan to share the work with the larger community to both highlight the work and create ongoing public support for the work
- and the promotion of artistic expression as a means of healing that will have a ripple effect beyond the individuals involved.
The LoLA committee awards grants totaling up to 25% of our total fund each year. We currently do not have an award floor or ceiling. This year, we anticipate approximately $12,000 being disbursed in 1-4 grants. If you received a LoLA grant last year, you may not apply this year but you are welcome to apply again after ONE grant cycle has passed. You can view past award recipients here. We look forward to raising our granting capacity as we grow our fund.